*REVIEW* Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencils in Mars, Chaos and Lust!

With Summer finally here, I thought I'd jump in head first and review a few colorful liners! The products are Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencils in Chaos, Lust and Mars. I don't know about you guys, but I really enjoy using a bright liner. Sometimes all you need to create a unique and fun look is a hint of colored liner on your lower lash line, or if you're super bold--you could do a bright winged eyeliner! The possibilities are nearly endless as you can mix, blend and jazz up any look with a pop of color.

These liners retail for $19.00 a pop. Some times you can catch a sale and swoop up for around $10.00 each, so I would suggest signing up for their emails, as they notify you when they have a sale, which is pretty great. Also hautelook features them from time to time, but I haven't seen the pencil liners for sale in a while...only the liquid ones which are still pretty amazing.


The packaging is always very sleek. Exactly what you'd expect from a brand whose tagline is "Beauty with an edge."


 Top to Bottom: Mars, Lust, Chaos.



Mars is a metallic dark forest green shade. There is no glitter, just beautiful metallic goodness!
Lust is a deep purple with a small amount of silver glitter. There's actually very little glitter, so it's actually very subtle.
Chaos is a bright medium blue that's matte and slightly translucent.


The formula is pretty nice. It's creamy and silky. I find that some shades do tug a bit, such as Lust and Chaos, but the Mars liner just went on like a dream! Now because the other two slightly tugged doesn't mean that they are hard to work with by any means. The kohl is actually pretty soft, but to get the desired pigmentation, I had to work with 2 separate layers to get optimal results.


Aren't they so pretty!? So funny story...After I swatched these I decided to take a bubble bath. I kinda read comics in the bath tub (I know, lol) and I spent an hour in there just soaking and chilling, doing my thing. After my bath, I realized that the swatches were STILL on my hand. Mind you, I scrubbed, soaked, ran more hot water and added more bubbles, lol. Only one of the swatches had started to fade, and that was the blue shade, Chaos. The other two? Well, they looked like I just swatched them! I even scrubbed with just water after my bath and they did not budge--but as soon as I used hand soap they came right off like it was no big deal. Hey, going to the pool and want to look fancy? Oh, you're wearing eyeliner to the pool? NO BIG DEAL. It's Urban Decay and it lasts ALL day--even if your sweating, scrubbing and rubbing vigorously with water.

Most of the shades last more than 10 hours. I don't normally wear makeup for 24 hours straight, so I can't say that all of the shades are the same when it comes to longevity, but these 3 are budge proof, so if you are worried that you'll look like a raccoon from some crazy anime--don't be.

Conclusion:

You guys should already know that I'm a sucker for Urban Decay. I can't give them enough praise, and I love having such a huge variety of eyeliner shades to work with! Hand-down my fave liner brand of all time and I will always repurchase these!

Comments