*Review* LA Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss

All aboard the Matte Train, Woo Woo! E'rrybody's on the matte train. That's totally fine because it's a pretty snazzy train to be on if I do say so myself! I've been searching for a good matte liquid lipstick for a reasonable price. I think I may have found it with the L.A. Girl Matte Flat Finish Pigment Glosses! They have 16 different shades which is a REALLY nice range to choose from, and to top it off, they are only $5.00 a pop on the L.A. Girl website



I had accidentally cut off a few names.





Iconic- This shade is a very pretty pastel blue-toned baby pink.



Fantasy- This shade is a slightly coral and more of a warm light pink.


Playful- This shade is a medium bright pink.


Timeless- This shade is a warm light berry shade.


Rebel- This shade is my favorite out of the bunch. I have worn it many times and it's migrated to my middle vanity drawer for easy access, lol. It's a warm deep raspberry shade with a small touch of a smoked purple pigment. It's gorgeous!


Stunner- This shade is a very bright neon deep purple.


Swatches Top to Bottom: Stunner, Rebel, Timeless, Playful, Fantasy and Iconic.

The formula is drying, and it's supposed to be. Most mattes are. What I have found to be helpful is using the Elf Hydrating Under Eye Primer on my lips first. This actually helps keep my lips soft, hydrated and keeps the color in place for longer. All of the shades started to fade a bit around the 4th hour of wear. Honestly, I feel that's not too shabby for matte formula. These are basically liquid lipsticks, so I'm not sure why they have the name, "Flat Finish Pigment Gloss." In fact, the only thing "glossy" about these products is that they come in the same form of packaging as most glosses do. The formula is anything but though. It's full of pigmentation, and the product is pretty opaque, which doesn't make me think of lip gloss at all.

There are quite a few more expensive options on the market from LA Splash's Lip Couture to Anastasia Beverly Hills' Liquid Lipsticks but these products from L.A. Girl are spot on for the price!

Would I repurchase? Absolutely. I'm planning on picking up at least 5 more shades for Summer, and Rebel has been my go-to matte berry red lip recently. What's your fave matte lip products? Any recommendations? If so, let me know!

Comments