REVIEW: The Too Faced A La Mode Palette

This review has been delayed quite a bit due to real life happenings, so without further adieu: I bring you the Too Faced A La Mode Eyes palette!

First off, I absolutely LOVE the little metal case that it comes in. Super cute, small enough to fit in almost any purse and the design reminds me of the Bonjour Summer Palette. I have always loved their eyeshadow formula! This palette is perfect for those of you who love nude looks and it has two main bold shades such as the Monaco (Bright Pink) and De La Mer (Dark Royal Blue) and the pigmentation is great, however the blue shade tends to show up more of a black shade unless you use a primer.



This palette is the very same size as the other metal palettes.


Here's the layout.


On to the swatches!


TOP ROW (DAY) St. Tropez is a beautiful shimmery light nude shade. I love the fact that the shimmer in this color is gold, and this color will complement any skin tone. Cannes is a beautiful metallic copper shade. Soleil is such an awesome crease/outer edge of the lid shade and I've used it quite a few times with shades from the Day, Fashion and Classic rows. It's even gorgeous on it's own when used with the Elf Makeup Lock & Seal.


MIDDLE ROW (CLASSIC) Riviera is another nice nude beige shade with a hint of coral shimmer. Perfect as a lid/inner corner/highlight and Jardin is a beautiful Spring Coral that is a must have in my kit. Cote D'Azure is a nice medium metallic brown and it looks amazing when paired with Jardin and St. Tropez.




BOTTOM ROW (FASHION) La Croisette is one of my new go-to highlight/inner corner colors. I'm pale and I find that this shade really makes my eyes "pop" and it's a nice light metallic, ivory cream that works wonders for pale skin. Monaco is not as pigmented as I had hoped it would be, but I enjoy the fact that it's not as bright as all of my other pink eyeshadow. This is perfect for those of you who want to play with a bit of color but aren't very bold. I have found that if you really want this color to pack a punch, just use a white primer and Elf's Makeup Lock & Seal and you'll be able to get far more out of this shade. De La Mer is super pretty and it's such a nice crease shade or even just worn alone for a dark black smoky eye. I would suggest using a dark base such as black liner and cream shadow to help bring out the shimmer from this shade. It looks almost black, but it looks super amazing when it catches the light. The lighter blue shimmer particles in this shade make it noteworthy and it even makes a magnificent eyeliner.


Overall this palette is pretty awesome. The only downfall with this palette is that the bright pink and the dark blue are a bit harder to work with than the other colors. They are not as pigmented as the others, but when used with primers/liquid mixing agents they can become something worth giving a shot. The longevity of the formula is really nice, (I have yet to touch up my eyes when using this palette even after 8 hours) and that's why I'm head over heels for this brand! The colors are easy to blend, they are buttery and smooth, and this palette offers a ton of sexy, sophisticated and fun color combos.

What Too Faced Palette are you lusting after? Do you have a favorite right now? I'd love to hear your recommendations!

Comments