Sexy and Smoky Purple/Glittery Eye Tutorial

I'm really digging purple shades this season, and it's no surprise that Pantone had chosen one of it's color-family members as Color of the Year! (Orchid is gorgeous, BTW) So I just had to share this super pretty smoky eye with you!

Step 1: Prime your eyelids. I'm using an Elf Eyelid Primer in Sheer.



Step 2: I applied a Deep purple base all over my eyelid. I blended it outwards just past my crease. I'm using Elf's Smudge Pot in Poppin' Party.




 Step 3: I then applied Vice from the Urban Decay Vice Palette all over my eyelid, stopping at the crease.



Step 4: I then applied Rapture on my crease, and blended upwards and outwards.



Step 5: I then applied the shade Provocateur as a highlight and blended gently with the tip top of rapture.




Step 6: I then smudged a bright purple liner under my lower waterline from outer corner to inner corner. The liner I'm using is M.N. (Me Now)



Step 7: I then dabbed a small brush back into Vice and patted it along the purple liner that I just smudged on for extra pigmentation.


Step 8: I Lined my lower waterline with Too Faced's Perfect Black Liner. I then lined along my upper line
with a no-name black gel liner that I bought from eBay.




Step 9: I then applied a black mascara. The one I'm using is Elf's Mineral Infused Mascara.


Step 10: I chose to go with a vibrant and matte pink shade for my cheeks. I used Elf's Cream Blush in Heartbreaker. I applied the product with a stippling brush.



Step 10: For the lips I decided to keep it as natural as possible, since I had a dark smoky eye going on. I decided to go with MAC's Honey Love, a matte nude shade.


FINISHED LOOK:



What do you guys think about smoky purple looks? Would it be something you'd wear out? Let me know!

Comments