*REVIEW* MAC Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul

t's the Season for some sunkissed warmth to one's cheeks...so,
Drumroll Please, **badumbadumbadum** this is one of the most sought after MAC blush shades this Season and it's a pretty shimmery coral-beige. I'm pleased to introduce to you: MAC's Mineralize Blush in Warm Soul!



As some of you know, MAC has changed it's packaging of their Mineralize Blushes. I think it's far more sleek and the packaging alone just sets this product apart from other brands.



This blush is very soft and lightweight. It has a sheer amount of pigment, with a bit of shimmer. It's a muted mid-tone coral beige and has a light-medium gold warmth to it. The new formula is very different from the older formula--it's less shimmery, less marbleized (In some, there's no marble at all) but I think this is for the best. It's a smooth, light healthy shimmer now instead of a complete glitter bomb. This blush retails on their website for $27.00.


A closer look. It resembles a baked bronzer or baked highlighter but much lighter.


On the very left: Heavy swatch-not blended. On the right: Blended out. As you can see from the blended swatch, the shimmer is finely milled and disperses evenly.



On the left: Heavy swatch--more concentration brings a bit more pigmentation and shimmer. On the right: Blended out--less shimmer. This blush looks gorgeous when layered on top of another blush.

This blush lasts on average, anywhere from 8-12 hours. I don't normally wear makeup past 12 hours, but I will say that with any makeup that is applied on top of foundation--the foundation and primer or lack of these items will affect how long your eyeshadow/blush will last. I wear this blush with the Elf Moisturizing Stick Foundation and I do use a few drops of the Makeup Lock & Seal from Elf with an airbrush machine (I purchased the machine from ebay for about $25.00) or if I'm in a hurry, I will use the Makeup Mist & Set by Elf. I feel that these products also help prolong my makeup to the best of it's ability.

Now this is a gorgeous blush, however I feel that at $27.00 a pop is a bit much. Even though I really enjoy owning it and using it, when I run out of this product I think I'll be carousing the internet and blogs in search of a dupe. What's crazy is that I've heard that Milani (which is a drugstore brand) has baked blushes with a similar formula. I've yet to try any from that brand, but I will be picking up a few soon to try out and see for myself!

Conclusion:
This is a very pretty brush, but I don't believe it's worth the $27.00 price tag. If I hear of or find a dupe for this shade, I will be updating this post with that information for those of you who would rather not spend that kind of money on a single blush.

Comments