Indie Thursday! Aromaleigh Mineral Cosmetics Keto

When it comes to "Indie" cosmetic brands, I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be. I've only tried a few brands, (Thanks to a few redditors) and I absolutely enjoy working with loose eyeshadow!  Here is a quick look at one of Aromaleigh Mineral duo-chromes...Keto, which a lovely gal purchased for me during our Secret Ghoul Exchange.




Upon first glance, Keto is a murky dark color. (the base color looks brown in the bag, but it's so not that color when swatched!) It's like a dark blue with a medium grey tone. Upon closer inspection, you see a beautiful deep teal shimmer in the light. The shimmer also reflects in an array of beautiful colors and It's drop dead gorgeous!
Here is the picture that's posted on the website.


(Click the pretty picture to check it out in their store!)

Here's what the site says about this shade:

"KETO (or Ceto) was a marine goddess who personified the dangers of the sea. She was more specifically a goddess of whales, large sharks, and sea-monsters. Another name for her is LAMIA, which means “shark”.
Her color is inspired by this painting by John William Waterhouse, “Lamia”.
Keto has a deep grayed blue satin finish base with vivid aqua interference highlights and shimmer."

It has a BEAUTIFUL shimmer! My picture is not going to do this color justice! I literally came up with over 10 ideas for looks using this shade as I swatched it on my hand. (my duo-chrome-loving heart totally skipped a beat when I swatched this shade!) 

For my swatches I used an Eddie Funkenhouser Eye Gloss for one (The darker swatch) and no primer for the other.





I told you my pics wouldn't do this shade justice! I cannot wait to pair this color with a grey and a dark navy blue with a soft white highlight on my brow bone as well as in the inner corner of my eye. I need a full size of this shade, STAT! This product lasts quite a while (so far 7 hours with a sticky primer--I used Elf's Glitter Glue Primer) and it's extremely silky soft and lightweight! It's completely heaven on my eyelids. I would have taken a picture, but I was only wearing this shade by itself for a review, and you will see a look or tutorial involving this eyeshadow VERY soon!

What's your fave shade by Aromaleigh? Any suggestions on colors I should try? 

Comments