REVIEW! OCC Lip Tar in Electric Grandma!

For those of you who haven't read my previous post, I have fallen head over heels for these guys. I went from having zero of these to 11 in just one week! I will be reviewing all of the ones that I have and I'm always looking for more of course, so please subscribe for swatches, reviews and all that glitters!


I can totally understand why they call this color "Electric Grandma." It's such a bright vintage Coral shade similar to the colors that were popular in the 50's and 60's. This is a beautiful bright coral that's somewhat shimmery. It applies nicely and the best thing about this product is that it's going to last so freaking loooong! You only need a very tiny amount to get a nice full opaque coat on your lips with a brush.

What I've noticed about the lip tars is that they feather off of the lips terribly! I actually use a lip primer or the Elf Lip Lock Pencil and it has made an incredible difference for me. So with that being said, I do love these tars but not by themselves...


The product formula is nice and smooth, it's opaque and it's vegan and cruelty free. The price point on these seems a bit extreme, until you actually use the product--a tiny teeny amount is needed, so this is an amazing value considering how much you get in that tube!


If you are unsure if the product is worth the hype, I would suggest finding someone to sell you a sample or two. I ended up getting a sample of a deep metallic blue one called Technopagan, and while I loved the product, it's not a shade I'd wear out in public often...meaning that spending the money on that particular shade would have been a waste for me personally.




On to the beautiful beautiful swatches!:







Would you wear OCC's Electric Grandma? Have you tried any of the OCC products?

Comments