My Fave Red Lippies for Fall!

I am trying to get more in touch with my femme fatale side--which means rocking some killer hot red lips! I've went through my collection and artistry kit, and though I have over 30 lipsticks of various red shades, these made the final cut!


Pictured: Tarte Lipsurgence in Promise, Elf Mineral Lipstick in Cool Coral, Elf Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Movie Star, Mac Retro Matte Relentlessly Red, Rimmel Kate lasting Finish Lipstick in 107, Mac Cockney, Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple

First of all, please ignore my face. I'm not wearing anything but lipstick in these pictures so that they would remain the only color on my face. That way, there wouldn't be any other shades taking away from the potential potency of these reds.


Tarte Lipsurgence in Promise:
This shade is a medium deep red that's matte and has a minty feel. It's moisturizing, and the formula lasts longer than your average lipstick. Def. worth checking out!



Mac Cockney:
This red is bright. Think of an "Apple" type of red, but with tiny flecks of shimmer. the shimmer is small, so it's hardly noticeable. For those of you looking for a "true red," this is it. The formula lasts about as long as an average lipstick. It's somewhat shiny, and I think that's what prevents the color from lasting much longer.





Elf Mineral Lipstick in Cool Coral:
This was my go-to shade when I had red hair. It's a beautiful gold red, but it's a bit on the peachy side. Think of red/peach with a golden sheen. (no glitter) Perfect for olive skinned people and pale people and those of you who want to try red shades and still hanging out in your comfort zone. (Especially redheads!) The formula is nice and creamy--very moisturizing. The formula lasts as long as your average lipstick.


  Rimmel Kate lasting Finish Lipstick in 107:
This shade is beautiful! think vampire red--seductive, bold, a crimson color of matte garnet. Wonderful formula, lasts longer than your average lipstick and feels awesome too! This shade is perfect for Fall and Winter, holiday parties, nights out on the town and has impressed me with every turn.



Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple:
This shade is sheer and shiny. I love the color because it's another shade for those of us who want to wear red without screaming the fact the we're doing so. It's subtle, and allows us to dress up any outfit yet can be casual enough to wear to work. The formula does not last long though, and you'll find yourself reapplying it often. It's very moisturizing though, and I like that.


Elf Jumbo Gloss in Movie Star:
This is another shade to test out if you are unsure about wearing bold lip colors. It's light, sheer and extremely moisturizing. It's more of a balm than a gloss, and I enjoy that since I'm just not into gloss much at all. you will have to reapply this product often though.




Mac Retro Matte Relentlessly Red:
This is more of a neon pink kinda red. Def. flirty and fun, but it's a few steps away from a traditional red. I do enjoy it quite a bit. It lasts longer than most lipstick formulas, so you won't have to apply it as often. It's light and as the name says- matte. Super fun if you want to be bold and try something different!



Do any of you have a suggestion for red lipsticks for Fall? Which ones are your faves?

Comments