"Mermaid" Eye Tutorial Using UD's Ammo Palette

Another trend this Summer has been a beautiful array of "mermaid" colors such as light blues, light greens, light pinks and light purples. This is my first try with this seasonal look, and I like it so much that you can expect at least another this season!

Step 1: I'm priming my eyes with the Elf Smudge Pot in Pearls of Wisdom. This product stays put for such a long time, and it's starting to become a regular on my vanity table. I applied it to right above my crease.



Step 2: I then applied Shattered from the Ammo palette in the center of my eyelids. I left the outer corner and inner corner without product.



Step 3: I then applied Sin underneath my brows as a highlight. It's a nice nude shade that is slightly shimmery.
I blended this a tad downwards.



Step 4: I then applied Chopper to my crease. I blended this upwards and outwards.



Step 5: I then applied Polyester Bride to the inner corner of my eyes. I also applied it as a highlight for my tear-duct area.



Step 6: I then applied Smog to the outer corner of my lids and the V of my eyelids.



Step 7: I then used a bright blue eyeliner (you can use a black one, or even a white cream base for this) and I lined right under my lower waterline. I used Urban Decay's 24/7 Liner in Deep End.



Step 8: I then dabbed Shattered right on top of the liner with a small precision brush.


Step 9: I then applied a black eyeliner to my upper lash line. I used Too Faced's Perfect Black Liner and smudged it with the smudging end.



Step 10: I lined my waterline with the Urban Decay liner from Step 7.



Step 11: I then applied a black mascara. I'm using Elf's Mineral Infused Mascara.



Step 12: I  then swept on some blush, because blush is pretty cool and can balance out any look. The blush I chose for this look was Benefit's Coralista.


Step 13: I then applied a nude lippie to help keep the focus on my eyes. I chose MAC's Shy Shine.


The Finished Look:



What do you guys think? Would you wear these colors this Summer?

Comments