Purple Rust Tutorial

I wanted to try something exotic and seductive, uncommon and interesting. I turned to my NYX Box of Eyeshadows and a few Elf products to throw something together. Well, I'm not entirely sure if I love this look or not, but I think I'm going to use it on a model for a photoshoot! It's purple and feminine, copper and grungy. Even if it's something you wouldn't personally wear, I hope that it inspires you to wear some creative and bold makeup, or brainstorm for something cool and unique to try out! Step 1: Prime your eyes with a good primer such as Elf's Eyelid Primer.
Step 2: dab your brush into the bright coppery shade of the NYX Box of Eyeshadows Palette. Cover your entire eyelid with this color.
Step 3: Take Elf's Long-lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in Festivity and apply it from the outer corner of your eyelid towards the inner corner...but stop a little over halfway to the inner corner.
Step 4: Take Elf's Mineral Eyeshadow in Golden, and dab it ONLY in the center of your eyelid, between the copper color and the sparkly purple shade.
Step 5: Dab some of the dark purple shade from the NYX Box of Eyeshadows and apply it gently over the Festivity Elf color. Blend upwards and outwards.
Step 6: Take a nude color close to your skin tone and blend from your brow bone into the purple/golden/coppery shades.
Step 7: Use a black eyeliner such as Elf's Cream Eyeliner in Black to create a small or big wing, and line your top lash line. Line your lower lash line as well.
Step 8: Use a good black mascara such as Elf's Lash Extending Mascara to coat your lashes w/ 1-2 coats.
Step 9: Dab some mauve blush onto the apples of your cheeks, and swipe back towards your hairline. I'm using Elf's Studio Blush in Berry Merry.
Step 10: Next is the lips. try to use a light or sheer berry shade. I'm using Elf's Conditioning Lip balm SPF 15 in Blissful Berry.
And there you have it! Finished Look:
What do you guys think? I'm kind of on the fence about it.

Comments

  1. I like what you did for the eyes. I think that the blush too closly matches the eyes and the lips. Maybe try a different color blush and you may like it better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. :) I have so many products that I try to rotate them in tutorials as much as I can, lol.

      Delete
  2. Is that ELF lip balm all you have on your lips? It looks crazy pigmented : O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. :) The coverage is buildable, it makes it a really great lip blam to have!

      Delete

Post a Comment