E.L.F.'s Makeup Lock and Seal!

I have been wanting to post about this wonderful product for such a long time, and now I am proud to present to you one of THE best things in my makeup bag! I use this for so many things...so let me think of where to start. Okay, I mostly use this to turn my E.L.F. Mineral Eyeshadows into chromatic and metallic eyeliners. Here are the steps to do so: Step 1. Lay out what you need. Here I set out the Lock and Seal, a small brush to use as an eyeliner brush, and the little pot that comes with the Makeup Lock and Seal.
Step 2. Gently squeeze only 2-3 drops into the little pot. You really do not need much, and you have to squeeze gently, if at all to get this amount.
Step 3. Dip your brush into the little pot. You only need to get a small amount of product on the brush. Wipe off excess on the inner wall of the pot.
Step 4. Dab the wet brush into an eyeshadow. If you are using a pressed shadow, run the brush in a line up and down on the very edge of the shadow, that way you don't ruin the shadow with the liquid solution. Get a good coat of shadow on the bottom of your brush.
Step 5. Paint the color on. You can do this with a thicker brush if you want super-duper-long-lasting eyeshadow for the day, and blend well. You must blend quickly as it dries pretty fast. You can use this method on brow powders, and lip liner (use a moisturizing lip product afterwards)to have some extra staying power.
For extra longevity, top off with a few spritzes of Makeup Mist and Set. :) Here are a few pics I had taken while I was goofing around with the Lock and Seal and E.L.F.'s Mineral Eyeshadows.

Comments

  1. It stayed rather well. This products keeps my brows/eyeliner/blush in place way better than the products all by themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I draw my eyebrows on with liquid liner. I want something that will keep them on through sweaty nights out dancing.

    Could this be put on OVER a liner? Or would it just make a huge mess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it would just make a mess. What you COULD do is

      A: Mix your liquid liner with a small amount of the lock and seal, use a small brush and apply it that way, or

      B: Mix a black eyeshadow with the lock and seal to make a long-lasting brow, and draw the mixture on with a small brush. :)


      What might help your eyeliner stay on as brows during those nights when you hit the town is the Makeup Mist and set by ELF. Hold it about 10 inches away from your face and lightly (VERY LIGHTLY) spritz your face. If you hold it too close, it may make the liner run.

      Delete

Post a Comment