REVIEW: Tarte LipSurgence in Promise (Matte Red)

Here's yet another one of my favorite red lippies: Tarte's LipSurgence Lip Creme in Promise. This is an opaque red that is mostly matte with a tiny amount of a gloss finish. No shimmer--just straight red pigmentation that's drop dead gorgeous! This product is awesome because it actually lasts longer than most of my other lipstick brands. I may have to apply every 3-4 hours depending on how much I eat/drink etc. This is a nice moisturizing formula. I have super chapped lips 24/7 and this product helps lessen my flaws while giving me the color payoff and hydration I need.



The packaging is nice and sturdy. These twist upwards, so need to sharpen. (That's a HUGE plus fpr me. I hate wasting product when things need to be sharpened...)



This product is true to color. It's a nice wine red with a little hint of gloss. It feels like there's menthol in the formula...it has a "minty" taste and feel.

The swatch on the bottom is one swipe, the one on the top is with 2 swipes. It's pretty opaque.

I love Tarte's Lipsurgences! I love the quality of the formula, the color selection, and how moisturizing the product is on my lips all the while keeping decent longevity so that I do not run out of product super fast by having to reapply it over and over again. All in all I am very pleased with Tarte's attention to quality. Well done Tarte!


What's your fave Tarte product? I'm in love with their eyeshadow formula and blushes as well!

Comments