Review: MAC's Cremesheen Lipstick in Shy Girl

MAC Cosmetic's Cremesheen Lipstick in Shy Girl is a very pretty muted coral/beige shade. It has a very small amount of shimmer in the formula however it's not at all noticeable. You'd have to be looking for the shimmer to find it. The formula is nice and moisturizing, which is a huge plus! My only complaint with this lipstick is the fact that this formula is NOT very forgiving when applied to lips that are even just a bit chapped or have quite a bit of wrinkles. This lipstick sets in the wrinkles of my lips quite a bit. If you have nice and smooth lips, this will not be a problem for you at all. The longevity of this product is just sub par. It slides around and off of my lips and reapplying it hourly is a must even with primer. I'm not sure why this formula is different from the other MAC Cremesheens that I have, but it is. It could be the batch, filler, pigment or something like that I guess. Either way, scroll down to see why I'm not thrilled with this lipstick...


The color is certainly pretty enough, a nice muted nude with very tiny shimmer particles. (You seriously can't even tell there's shimmer in it at all when wearing it)





The color is a wonderful muted beige/coral shade. The swatch on the left is one application. The one on the right is 3 applications. The more you apply this product, the heavier and more "goopy" it becomes--like a thick lip gloss. I have other Cremesheens that do not share this trait, so I'm not sure why this is. It could be the pigment, filler, or something with this specific batch's formulation I suppose. As you can see from the right swatch (more applications) some of the lines in my hand are not even visible. It kinda "gooped" together and that means that they product's adherent properties are sub par...this will be sliding around on my lips UNLESS I just want a light application for a small hint of color instead of a more opaque lip look.

As you can see here, the product is not forgiving of wrinkles, chapped lips, etc. and it will make this issues more noticeable. The color seems to be a bit splotchy.


Smiling a bit more to show again how the product rests in my creases/lines of my lip.



Will I repurchase again? Sadly, this is one shade that I will not be. The color is nice, but the payoff just doesn't work for me personally. It shows too many of my flaws to reach for on any occasion. I will however recommend this product to someone with fuller lips, less wrinkles, and who is basically looking for a very sheer natural tint. I feel that this product overall was extremely disappointing for me--and that sucks because the color is very pretty and I really want to be able to fall head over heels for it!

Comments