Urban Decay's Vice 3 Review and Swatches!


 I was very lucky to have the chance to own the new Urban Decay Vice 3 palette! I like it, however I feel that the formula of the shadows this time around aren't as pigmented as the previous Vice palettes. I feel weird saying that, because it's Urban Decay and they have such a name for themselves, you know? With primer and patience though, this palette is a nice gem in my collection. In fact, I've used this one more in the past few weeks than I have any of the other Vice palettes that I own. I am in LOVE with the nude shades in this one! I feel this one has more natural/nude look possibilities than the previous ones, and for those of you who prefer a bit of color and wear more natural looks daily, this one will work out very well for you!

Let's get to the Nitty Gritty, shall we?

PACKAGING:

Cute. So freaking adorable. However, I HATE how I leave fingerprints all over it. It attracts smudges like moths to a flame and looks dirty because of the amount of fingerprints. That I'm not fond of.





This actually comes with a bag. IT'S AWESOME. This is an amazing idea, and I feel that they should keep doing this from now on. You've set our standards very high, Urban Decay. You've won us over with this extra gift of amazingness. YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK.



BOX:

Previews the shades of course, reminds you that this is "Urban Decay, Beauty with an Edge."


SWATCHES:

TOP (FIRST) ROW:
Truth, Dragon, Vanity, Alien, Last Sin


SECOND ROW:
Undone, Freeze, Lucky, Alchemy, Angel


THIRD ROW:
Downfall, Heroine, Reign, Bondage, Defy


FOURTH ROW:
DTF, Brokedown, Bobby  Dazzle, Sonic, Revolver



Overall I love this palette. There's enough nude/light shades for those who are comfortable not rubbing a shit-ton of color on their face, then there's enough colors for those of us who wear brights on a daily basis. They changed the color of Bobby Dazzle, which used to be a pale nude with glitter...at least in the full sized one that I own from the Stardust Collection. This one is white, with glitter. That kinda broke my heart. I do find myself mixing Bobby Dazzle with Truth to give it a more nude beige-ish/pink color instead of just white. I enjoy the amount of nudes in this one paired with the red, blues and green shade quite a bit. I use Defy on a daily basis as a crease shade, and Last Sin is my go to lid color now. What do you guys think of the palette? Is it a go or a pass?

Comments