Products That Make You Glow Part 1


As a makeup artist, lighting can make or break a look. I have worked with multiple photographers, sat in on lighting seminars, helped hold reflectors and more. I wanted to find products that gave skin a beautiful luminous glow with which I didn't have to hold/carry around white, silver and gold reflectors.

I have tested sooooo many products, and the ones listed in this blog post are smooth, silky, amazing and reflect light so well without making you like an LED flashlight. I have listed a few DISCONTINUED products. I have also listed DUPES or SIMILAR products as well. All of the discontinued products that I have listed are still found available on the internet for purchase. They are not very hard to find if you use Google! ;)

The Products I have Fallen in Love With:


Products Pictured: Mac Mineralize Skinfinishes in Adored, Refined, Elf baked Highlighters in Blush Gems, Moonlight Pearl, Elf Studio Blush in Gotta Glow, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Ethereal Glow, Elf Baked Bronzer in Maui

Mac Mineral Skinfinish in Adored




This beautiful marbled mix of pale pink and medium pink is so pretty on the skin. This shade has been discontinued by MAC. (Sorry guys) But there is hope! If you enjoy having a soft light pink face powder, you may want to try the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Sheer Lavender Pink or if you'd rather not spend that much on a highlighter, Elf's Baked Highlighter in Pink Diamonds is actually a wonderful substitute.


Mac Mineral Skinfinish in Refined



This is a beautiful medium beige powder of shimmeriness. This one is yet again discontinued by MAC Cosmetics, however, I have found that the Elf Baked Bronzer in Maui is an awesome dupe for this product, however the pictures may not show that they are. I applied way more of the Elf product onto the back of my hand and less of the Mac Refined. They are VERY similar in person though.


Elf baked Highlighter in Maui



When it comes to the baked highlighters/bronzers from Elf Cosmetics, a small amount really goes a loooong way. I applied too much for this swatch, trust me you'll want to go very lighter with these. They are very pigmented and I actually enjoy the product consistency and longevity more so than the MAC Skinfinishes. These attract just the right amount of light.


Elf Baked Highlighter in Blush Gems



This is one of my top 2 fave products that I've listed. I apply this with my Hourglass Ambient Powder Brush and my Elf Studio Kabuki Brush. As you can see, there's a beautiful luminous shimmer in this shade. I applied it rather heavy because I wasn't sure how the swatch would look in my light box. This is a MUST HAVE product no matter what brands/prices you own. I use this shade on myself as well as other olive skinned ladies and gents, light, medium and deep skinned gals. This is a staple in my routine and will always have a place on my vanity table and in my makeup kit!



Elf Baked Highlighter in Moonlight Pearl



This one is just as gorgeous as the other Baked Highlighter, but I'm inbetween pale and tan right now, so I'm not giving it as much use as Blush Gems. I LOVE to use this on tanned skin as well as really fair skinned people. (Fair skinned gals and guys; you will LOVE this!) I over did it with the amount I swatched. Trust me, you'd only need a small amount on your brush for an almost angelic glow.


Elf Studio Blush in Gotta Glow



This is a very pretty pale gold shimmer that I enjoy using on very fair skinned peeps and very tanned peeps. I also love to apply this on top of a rose of berry blush because the gold shimmer in it really adds some stunning multidimensional shimmer to one's cheekbone structure (and collarbone!)


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Ethereal Glow



I've had this for over a year and just finally started using it as an All Over powder instead of a blush. Hourglass had discontinued this shade a while back because it was mostly too light to be seen as a blush on most skin tones. Now that I'm turning pale again (Aw Yeah!) It actually works for me as a full face powder. I would recommend this for the very fairest of us all! Since this has been discontinued, I would suggest trying the Nars Copacabana Illuminator OR the Elf Baked Highlighter in Pink Diamond, as they are both VERY similar if not the same shade as this.



Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light



I have been pretty impressed with the Ambient Lighting Products thus far. This one is yet again discontinued, however it's still easy to find on the internet. I'm planning on getting my hands on more of these for sure, so when I do, and if I do fall in love with them, I may be updating this list for you all. Honestly, I love ALL of these products regardless of their price. I feel that these products have a wonderful super-tiny shimmer which is what we all want when it comes to illumination, right?  No chunky glitter here guys!


Do you own any of these products? Do you have any suggestions for me to try out and add to the list? Which one are you excited about getting your hands on?

Comments