The New Elf Smudge Pots!

Okay, first off--I was told by a friend that these were VERY similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoos, and I tried so hard to pretend that I never heard that because I wanted to enjoy them for what they were. I do own a few of the Color Tattoos, and yes, these are VERY similar. A few are more sheer than the others, so I will describe each and every single one to you guys so that you will know all of the info on these awesome little pots of amazingness!

The Facts:

-These held up SO WELL with the Elf Glitter Primer. I have worn all of them but one for a full 9 hour shift at work, and some of these are so pigmented that I also use them as eyeliner.

-These pots work better with a primer of course.

-All of these work well as a base eyeshadow and will keep your shadow on for hours longer than with primer alone.

-Some of these are not very pigmented, so I wouldn't suggest wearing them alone UNLESS you are going for a sheer and shimmery look. (I'll let you know which ones are which)

Now for the individual pictures and shades:


Elf Smudge Pot in Ain't That Sweet

Ain't That Sweet is a beautiful shade of Iridescent Pink. It is very sheer and works far better as a base for an eyeshadow than a solid color by itself. However, if you are looking for a pretty sheer shade to sweep across your lids, this one is absolutely pretty. This shade will not really work as an eyeliner.

Elf Smudge Pot in Cruisin Chic

Cruisin Chic is one absolute fave of the line. It's pigmented, works as a base but shows well enough on it'd own to be sued as an eyeshadow AND a liner. Boom shaka-laka! This is a really pretty taupe-gold shade and I do highly recommend it! (This shade works WONDERS for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes!)

Elf Smudge Pot in Pearls Of Wisdom

This one is sparkly and though it is still very sheer, it actually has more pigmentation than the pink one. (Ain't That Sweet) This looks awesome as a color for the inner corner of your eyelid, and works wonderfully as a base. I use this as a highlight color as well for the brow bone. You can use it for a sweep of shimmer, and it will show up, but it's still very sheer. Used over a white primer though, I bet it'd look pretty awesome! I do not think it will work as an eyeliner, but if you have darker skin, I bet it would show up more for you than I.

Elf Smudge Pot in Poppin Party

Poppin Party works beautifully as a base, eyeliner and eyeshadow! This one is so pretty and it does remind me of one of Elf's Cream Eyeliners. This one is worth getting for sure!

Elf Smudge Pot in Back to Basics

Back to basics is a lovely shade that works as a base, eyeliner and sweep of color. This one is just as pretty as Cruisin Chic, and though they look somewhat alike in these photos, they are in fact quite different. This one is a muted bronzey/alloy like shade with a hint of gold. 

 Elf Smudge Pot in Brownie Points

Brownie Points is prolly one of the prettiest shades as well. I use this as an eyeliner more than anything, but it's so pigmented that it can be used as a base and as an eyeshadow. It's a bronze metallic shade that you will def love having in your arsenal.

Elf Smudge Pot in Gotta Glow

Gotta Glow is gorgeous, but doesn't work well as an eyeliner. It does however, look amazing as a highlight on darker skin, and it is a nice sweep of sheer color. 

Elf Smudge Pot in Hit The Town

Hit the Town is somewhat sheer. It works awesome as a base, and if you are going for a sweep of silver, then this is for you. I did like it when I paired it with Ain't That Sweet, and I had gotten compliments when I did so. It's up to you, It will work as an eyeliner as well, but it's not as opaque as the others that do.

Elf Smudge Pot in Ocean Bound

Ocean Bound is a really pretty blue shade that works as an eyeliner, a base, and an eyeshadow. VERY pretty!


 From Left to Right: Ain't That Sweet, Pearls of Wisdom, Ocean bound, Gotta Glow, Brownie Points, Back to Basics
 From left to Right: Cruisin Chic, Poppin Party, Hit The Town

This picture is to give you an idea of which ones were super pigmented and which ones were not.


Overall, I would buy these again. Some are more pigmented than others, and that suits me well as I will use them for liners, shadow and bases. :) I hope that you have found this helpful!

Comments

  1. Which one will you prefer long lasting or smudge pots??
    Can you suggest me please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a tough question to answer! I REALLY like them both. The only bad thing I can say about any of these is this: I wish the pink smudge pot was more pigmented. It's one that I will not repurchase, but I LOVE the others!

      It really depends on if you prefer glitter or shimmer. The long lasting ones have TONS of glitter. The smudge pots have very very fine shimmer. Do you prefer shimmer or glitter?

      Delete

Post a Comment