Elf HD Mattifying Cream Foundation Review!

This is honestly the first time that I've ever tried a "cream" foundation. As a woman of almost 30 years of age, I am showing signs of aging. Due to this, I was highly skeptical of using any kind of cream foundation. The last thing I want is to have the product settle in my wrinkles and give the illusion that they are worse than they actually are. I was also afraid that it would be greasy, and cakey/heavy.
My assumptions have been incredibly wrong! This is a very light formula with medium coverage. I noticed that it blended incredibly easy, a little product would cover my entire face, and it gave my face more of an even pigmentation. It's creamy, but not at all greasy or heavy. It feels somewhat like a moisturizer without the shine. It has given my face the appearance of smaller pores, and I'm glad that it's oil free so that it will NOT clog them! I had applied this and wore it to work for 2 days in a row. I have received nothing but compliments on my facial skin and my eyeshadow. It looks so natural, and I don't have to apply a powder to "set" the product. I also have a habit of putting my face in my hands while waiting for a call on the job, and this didn't rub off onto my hands nor onto the collar of my white dress shirt. My roommates said that it made me look younger due to the fact that it gave me an "airbrushed and even" kind of look. I don't even feel like I am wearing any product at all! Overall my skin looks healthy and refreshed.
This makes me feel so "hip," that I can't see past my pelvis. I think it's safe to say that Elf has been stepping up their game and I'm excited to see what future products they have in store for us! I'm anxiously awaiting new Studio Line products!
On a scale of 1-10, this product is "the shit!"

Pics below!





I also purchased the shade in Coco, and it blends seamlessly and naturally as a wonderful contour product!
This is my Holy Grail Foundation. For Forever. If Elf ever discontinues this, I'll cry myself to death.

Comments