My Big List of Affordable Nude Lip Shades!

It took quite some time for me to create this post. I have so many lipsticks, balms, glosses, tints, stains, etc. and I had to lovingly find the BEST nude shades to blog about. I honestly love all of my lippies dearly, and I have to admit that this was hard, ha ha ha...I just want to blog about them all! Down to business: (This pic was taken without flash) (This pic was taken with flash.) From left to right, top to bottom: Elf Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 in Bombshell Brown, Elf Essential Lipstick in Charming, Elf Shimmer Gloss in Pink Princess, Elf Mineral Lip Gloss in Bare, Elf Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Brownie Points, Elf Mineral Lip Gloss in Au Naturale, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Precious, Elf Mineral Lipstick in Party Pink, Elf Studio Lip Balm SPF 15 in Pink, Elf Glossy Gloss in Tangy Tangerine, Elf Hypershine Gloss in Berry, Elf Plumping Lip Glaze in Baby Doll, Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee, Elf Matte Lip Color in Natural, Elf Mineral Lipstick in Runway Pink, Elf Matte Lip Color in Nearly Nude, Elf Glossy Gloss in Ballet Slippers, Elf Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in In The Nude, Elf Mineral Moisturizing Lip Tint SPF 8 in Guava, Elf Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips, Elf Glossy Gloss in Sweet Salmon, Elf Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Maple Sugar, Elf Lip Stain in Heartbreaker, Elf Matte Lip Color in Coral, Elf Glossy Gloss in Berry Blush, Elf Mineral Lipstick in Bare Brown, Fresh Sugar in Rose Here are the lippies in order by row: Top Row Middle Row Bottom Row Here is a bit more information about some of these Lip Products: They are translucent. You get some pigment, but it's not overwhelming. The coverage is buildable without being "gunky."

The Elf Shimmer Gloss and the Elf Lip Stain are VERY thin...not quite watery, yet thin enough to surprise me. The only downfall with the Lip Stain is the fact that using the gloss that is on the other end of the product actually makes the stain fade. Using the stain by itself however is nice even though it's not how it was intended to be used.

 The Revlon Just Bitten Balm Stain isn't really a stain at all. I was a bit disappointed in that fact...but it's nice as a balm. They should take the word, "Stain," out of the product title. It's pretty nice as in it works well as a balm and is a very lightweight product.

 The Elf Glossy Gloss products are fantastic! I adore these so much that I own ALL of them. They also have a product that is similar but is a glittery-gloss as well and they didn't make the post because of how much glitter they contain. If you enjoy sparkle as much as I do, you should keep checking back for my swatch/review post to come very soon!

 The Elf Matte Lip Colors have a nice creamy texture. If you have dry and chapped lips however, it won't look as awesome. They are creamy but can fill in the little lines in your lips. I have dry lips and I use a Lip Exfoliator by Elf before I apply them, and I also apply a small amount on my finger instead of using the product directly on my lips. This seems to help quite a bit. They look even more amazing with a chapstick or clear balm applied on top. If you are feeling bold, try the bright Red shade (not pictured) with a gold glittery gloss! It's pretty sexy!

Revlon Lip Butters are smooth and sheer...so subtle yet it gives your lips a healthy glow. If I want more color, I apply the lip butters over another lippie. (Such as Elf mineral Lipstick in Bare Brown + Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee or Elf Mineral Lipstick in Beautiful Berry + Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum) They are ooh-la-la gorgeous by themselves as well!

 The Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Rose is expensive if purchased in it's full size, however I received mine free from Sephora as a Birthday Freebie by joining their beauty club. (you can sign up on their website, sephora.com) so I threw the mini in here because it was free. I do enjoy it for my "Bad Lip Days." During winter and Summer, my lips are angry and hateful. It gives me a sad...and I HAVE to keep them moisturized. This works well for me, and the mini is small enough to fit into my phone pouch, tiny purse and my pocket. Yay for good free shit! (Don't judge...you love free stuff too...and if you are shaking your head while reading this you my dear are lying to yourself)

 The Elf Conditioning Lip Balm SPF 15 actually conditions my lips all day, even when the color is gone. That's nice. As I have previously stated, my lips are terrible and they need lots of love. This product gives them tons of love. It fights against the sun's harmful rays and keeps them moist and soft. It's truly a great thing! The shade selection is nice, but I keep hoping that Elf will add more...

 The Elf Hypershine Gloss is nice and sheer and the product comes through a brush. I enjoy the fact that I can twist a little product or a bunch of product through a little lip brush that gives me wonderful control when I'm applying the product. I don't know why that makes me giddy, but it does. I like it. A lot. The Elf Luscious Liquid Lipstick is a twist-to-apply product as well, but it had a sponge-kind of tip instead of a bristle one. It's a nice product, although it's not as easy to control as the Hypershine Gloss. I enjoy the array of shades and the feel of the product. So what are your fave nude shades? Do you have any suggestions of products similar in price or shade? Let me know!

Comments