Elf Essential Glitter Eyeshadow and Swatches!

Elf has outdone itself AGAIN! I am absolutely in love with this product. It reminds me of the Urban Decay shadows that I have from my palettes. Although the Elf shadows have a small amount of fallout and are a tad chalky, if you don't mind that at all you are going to LOVE these! They blend easily, they are beautifully pigmented, and are a new staple in my collection. You get an amazing amount of product for $2.00, and they are worth every penny!

While reading reviews on this product, I was expecting something different. I'm glad that I gave them a shot anyways though. One reviewer stated that these were just like the Elf Mineral Eyeshadow. NO THEY ARE NOT!  The Elf Mineral Eyeshadow products are finely milled, with a lightweight consistency and they have finely milled SHIMMER constantly throughout the pigmentation. The Glitter Eyeshadows have a different consistency, just a tad thicker, and although they are finely milled as well, the glitter is more glitter than shimmer, and is dispersed more sparingly throughout the product. You will see more color than glitter, which is not so of the Mineral Eyeshadow.

With that being said, I do love these. I own all of the shades of the Glitter Eyeshadow and the Mineral Eyeshadow (Pressed and loose) and I enjoy them all.When combined with a primer, these colors last ALL DAY. No joke guys. I would suggest using a primer anyways for ANY and ALL eyeshadow, regardless of shade, brand, etc. I actually did a nice nude look using a few of these and it turned stunning! I will be posting it sometime in the near future.

Here are the swatches:

Starting from the Purple shade on top, clockwise: Flirt, Nature Girl, Beachy Chic, Night Owl, Angel, Party Animal, Shopaholic, Cowgirl


                                          Night Owl and Beachy Chic.


                                       Flirt, Nature Girl

                                
                                           Shopaholic, Cowgirl



                                          Party Animal, Angel




                                    From left to right, top to bottom: Shopaholic, Cowgirl, Flirt, Nature Girl, Party Animal, Angel, Night Owl, Beachy Chic





Comments