Emerald Summer Look

I'm not one for wearing tons of makeup during this hot and humid season. When it comes to cosmetics, I keep it REALLY simple. I'm talking SUPER simple...tinted moisturizer on top of a silicon based face primer and a smidge of eyeshadow and mascara. Most of the time, I prefer to skip on the eyeliner, blush and lipstick altogether! There's nothing like having the feeling that your face is melting off--like something from an extremely bad/cheesy 80's horror flick. And when it comes to eyeshadow, I prefer something lightweight and somewhat shimmery to attract light particles and make my eyes pop. My favorite eyeshadow for this season has to be Elf's mineral eyeshadow. My only complaint is that they don't have many matte shades, but the ones that they do have are simply stunning...and the shimmery shades are absolutely beautiful! I do recommend using an eyeshadow primer with these for creaseless and staying power. Here is a look that says, "Yeah I'm dolled up." However, I'm not wearing much on my eyes at all, and it honestly took me about 4 minutes to do. The colors left to right are: Natural, Earthy and Outdoorsy. They are super easy to blend and have a beautiful sparkle when catching the light. I topped this eye look off with a forest green eyeliner, a black eyeliner, and mascara. To achieve this look: Step 1: Cover your entire eyelid with a primer. Step 2: Apply the shade Natural over entire eyelid. Step 3: Apply the light green shade Earthy on the outer edge of the eyelid. Step 4: Apply the shade Outdoorsy on the crease of your eyelid and blend slightly into the Earthy shade. Step 5: Take the shade Natural, and apply it as a highlight to your brow bone. Step 6: Apply a dark green eyeliner (Or you could use Outdoorsy wet along your lash line)to your upper lash line and along the lower lash line. Step 7: Run along your water line with a black eyeliner. Step 8: Coat your lashes with a black mascara, and there you have it! I will be posting more looks with many color combinations using the Mineral Eyeshadow. This product is light as a feather, clump-free and organic. (Not to mention very pretty!) If you have any questions or would like to see a certain color combination, feel free to post a comment! have you tried any of these eyeshadow shades before? What did you think of them?

Comments