My At Home Skincare Recipes #2 Exfoliation

I probably should have posted other recipes that I use on my last blog post, due to the emails I have received, and also because Winter hates my skin...lol. Also, making a small batch of a scrub for a friend for Christmas is frugal AND awesome! (Who doesn't love getting bath stuffs for Christmas?) I may even make a tutorial or two and upload them to youtube sometime soon. Here is a recipe that I use once a week for extra exfoliation during Winter. YOU WILL NEED: 2 tablespoons finely ground oatmeal, 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/3 cup almond oil, 1 teaspoon honey. You will need to combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Apply this mixture to your face using your fingers or a brush. Rub gently in small circular movements all around your face. After doing this for about 1-2 minutes, let the mixture sit on your face for about 3 more minutes, and then rinse off and gently pat your face dry. You can even use this on your lips as well, just to soften them and help them to remain smooth. (I would grab a small amount that doesn't have any oatmeal when doing this) The sugars act as an intense scrub, while the oatmeal acts as a more gentle scrubbing component. The honey acts as an astringent and the oil helps clean and moisturize your skin. This recipe is wonderful during Winter, because it's not as harsh on one's face as most scrubs. During Winter, our skin can tend to get dry and chapped, which can cause cracks in the lips and irritated areas of the face. (Winter usually affects my nose, lol.) Have any of you made your own scrub at home? What did you use?

Comments

  1. Is the brown sugar supposed to be fine, or the larger granulated type? Thanks!(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used both the fine and larger granules. Either will work. Fine brown sugar will give you a more gentle scrub, while the larger will give you a more intense scrub. If you'd like, you can even use regular sugar! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad that you like it! It's easy and simple, and makes your face so soft and smooth!

      Delete

Post a Comment