ELF Studio Zit Eraser

This little gem is in my purse...ALWAYS. This is kind of gross to admit, but I didn't start getting acne until I was 23. Yep. Adult acne...yay. I have combination skin, and my skin is also ultra sensitive to most of the creams and cleansers that I have tried: Clean & Clear, Neutrogena, Oxy, Proactiv, Avon's anti acne line, etc. These things for some reason would MAKE me break out even more with use than without! (Totally defeats the purpose, right?) I have wasted so much money...sigh. This is what clears me up: Washing my face with baking soda and aspirin and Elf's Zit Eraser. Now some of you will be asking about the baking soda. The best thing I can tell you is to Google it or even check for tutorials on youtube. I never measure the amount I use, I wash my face with soap first, then I put some baking soda in the palm of my hand along with a cheap aspirin that doesn't have any coating, add a few drops of water to make it a paste, and then I scrub in circular motion all over my face. Not only does it gently exfoliate my skin but it also helps with acne scars. (I have 2 small ones on my face, and they look much better than they did before doing this) I even add a few drops of honey sometimes as it helps keep your skin hydrated and fresh as well as prevents drying. Baking soda dries out your face,(which is why it helps clear up acne very quickly) so it's nice to add honey to the mixture every other time I do this. Your face NEEDS some of the natural oil your skin produces. After I do this, I use the Zit Eraser as a spot treatment before bed, and in the morning after washing my face. Now, my boyfriend even uses it...hahaha. :) The great thing about this product is obviously the ingredients it has! It has Camphor, which actually reduces irritation, swelling and redness of the skin. It has Salicylic Acid, which reduces clogged pores by exfoliating the skin and removing the dead skin cells. It has Witch Hazel, which reduces inflammation, and is also an astringent. Tea Tree is another awesome ingredient and is an antibacterial cleansing/healing agent. Green Tea helps prevent sun damage to your skin, and in animal testing has warded off skin cancer. (Not that I'm okay with testing on animals...just posting this information because it's good information)and it also has caffeine as every tea does. Caffeine helps promote fast skin cell regrowth and helps repair UV damage. Hence all of the reasons why this product is SO GOOD. Just think of all that cleansing/exfoliation/protection in an applicator. I honestly would pay 5 times it's price for what it does for my skin! I absolutely LOVE the fact that it's portable and affordable. If I feel a zit coming up, I just reach in my purse, apply it in the car, at work, etc. I don't have to wait until I get home to go through my regimen. (When I get acne, it's never just a single tiny zit. I am blessed with mountain-sized acne...and it hurts my feelings along with my face) Everyone needs one of these. Seriously.

Comments

  1. Thank you Nikki for your great info on how you have treated your adult acne - I found your blog when I was online with ELF ordering some of their stuff and I always like to google reviews of products before I order them to see if real time users find they work well, which is how I found your review on the ELF zit eraser. I also have adult acne but am 20 years older than you and I believe you when you say that the usual drugstore acne lines haven't worked well although I find the clear and clean acne gel spot treatment is something I use every day. Funny how you also went to soap for your basic washing - I use Ivory soap and can't find anything else that doesn't dry out my face but does get it clean and keep my few usual t-zone zits at bay, I almost always have one or two popping up in my chin or forehead region. Thanks to your great info above I am going to start incorporating the baking soda/aspirin/honey regime into my nightly skin care and I thank you for taking time to share that with us. Also thanks for supporting ELF which is a great company and doesn't test on animals!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment